Monday, July 30, 2012

Scrapbooking | New York Time's Square Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in January of 2012, My husband and I spent two nights and three days up in New York City. While we were there we decided to walk down to Time's Square at night so that we could take in the sights, sounds and people of Time's Square. Wow, is that place packed at 10pm at night! (NOTE: You can click on the photo in this post to enlarge it so that you can see the particular details.).

My scrapbook layout today features 3 photos that we took while we were down in Time's Square of all of the neon lights, signage and people. This layout was done in the 12x12" sise and my color scheme was black, white, red and neon blue.

My background is a 12x12 sheet of black textured cardstock. On top of that I cut a piece that measures 8" square from white and black print paper. It looks like graph paper to me in regards to the print. I then inked around all 4 edges with black ink before placing it onto my background.

I slightly cropped down all three of my photos to measure the same size. I then matted all three of them onto one long strip of neon blue textured cardstock and left an 1/8" border around it. I then matted that strip onto textured dark red cardstock and trimmed again. I glued the photo strip down the right side of my background page.

I used my Cricut to cut out the letters to spell New York Square on the #1 size setting in a classic looking font. You can see where I placed the letters/words on my layout to serve as my title. I had a cardstock sticker of a vintage looking clock which I inked around the edges in black and then matted it onto neon blue, red and black cardstock, leaving an 1/8" edge around all mats. I took a silver marker and wrote the word "Time's" on that piece right above and to the left of the clock face. I then used 5 foam dots to place it onto my layout as I wanted it to be dimensional and raised up off of the page.

Underneath that I had a sticker of 2 ticket stubs and I decided to use them under the previously mentioned embellishment and I did my journaling on that in my own handwriting. It's hard to see on the picture above. In the top left corner I used a sticker that said "Snapshot Memories" which I matted onto neon blue, red and black cardstock leaving an 1/8" edge. I put it onto my background using foam dots. On the top left corner of that is a small sticker of a camera.

I wanted a clean and not too cluttered layout and I think I accomplished that. I also wanted a red, white and blue color scheme without it looking like July 4th so I think adding the black and making it the predominant color accomplished that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)