Friday, July 20, 2012

Scrapbooking | New York City Hotels Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in January of 2012, My husband and I took a mini vacation trip up to New York City. We spent 2 nights and 3 days in the city and took in many of the attractions that New York City has to offer. (NOTE: You can click on the photos in this post to enlarge them to see the details).

While we were there we stayed in the Element by Westin Hotel which is an eco-friendly and "green" hotel. The decor is definitely pretty basic but yet nice and their color scheme is in neutrals. Keeping that in mind I knew that I wanted a basic scrapbook layout page done in neutral tones to reflect the feel of the hotel.

I did my layout in the 12x12" format size. My color scheme is 3 shades of gray. My background is a light gray textured piece of cardstock. I then took a piece of 12x12 gray weathered piece of scrapbooking paper and trimmed it down to 8" square. I used some silver metallic ink and inked around all 4 edges. I then glued it onto my layout centering it onto the background sheet.

I had 5 photos for this layout to squeeze onto the page. I trimmed down the 2 larger photos across the bottom and them matted them onto medium gray textured cardstock, trimming to leave a 1/4" edge. I then placed it across the bottom of my layout using glue dots. I had a photo of the Westin sign and I trimmed that down to match the height of those other 2 phots by 1 1/4" in width. I then matted that onto the medium gray textured cardstock and placed it on top of the other two but in between them as shown in my photograph.
The other 2 photographs I trimmed down too but in a much smaller scale. The photo of our champagne bucket and snacks was trimmed down to measure 3" by 4" in size and the photo of my hubby got trimmed down to 3" by 4" too. I matted them onto the medium gray textured cardstock and left a 1/4" border. See photo for placement onto the background.

I had the hotel's business card and sprayed it with some archival mist and placed it under the top left photo and just left the hotel name & logo sticking out. In the top right corner of the layout I placed 3 vacation themed 3-dimensional embellishments. I used rub-on wording that says "World Traveler" underneath the top left photo and to the left of the wording is another 3-dimensional embellishment that says Vacation with a tiny map underneath it.

My journaling was done on the matching/coordinating page to this one which I will share that layout with all of you in a few days. The title of this page is simply "New York City" and I used tile letters to spell that out along the bottom edge of the layout.

Overall I am very pleased with how this layout turned out. I wanted neutral color tones to match the hotel's decor and I wanted clean straight lines to match the hotel's design. I think I achieved that well with this layout which only took me about 40 minutes to make. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)