Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Scrapbooking | Montego Bay Waterpark Scrapbook Layout Idea

Last fall we spent a few days down in Wildwood New Jersey and went to the Montego Bay Indoor Waterpark and had a great time! The waterpark is not very big but there are 2 indoor slides and a large swimming pool to play in. This 12x12 layout features 4 photos I took that day while we were having fun at the waterpark. (Note: You can click on the photo in this post to enlarge it to see in better detail the layout I made).

The background is a printed sheet of 12x12 scrapbooking paper done in blues and in a block pattern which reminded me of pool water colors. I then took a piece of 12x12 blue cardstock and trimmed it down to measure 10" square. I used a navy blue ink and inked around all 4 edges. I placed this large square of cardstock onto my background sheet by putting lime green eyelets in each of the corners.

I cropped down 2 photos (the ones on the left) and rounded their corners. I then matted them onto medium blue and lime green cardstock. I only rounded the corners on the blue mat and left the regular corners on the lime green mat. The other 2 photos I cropped down to 3" diameter circles and matted them onto medium blue cardstock cut into a circle shape with an 1/8" border around each photo. I then matted those circles onto lime green cardstock and squared them off. You can see all photo placements in my photo.

I made my own journaling block out of lime green and medium blue cardstock and did my journaling in my own handwriting using a medium blue glitter pen. I then accented 2 corners on that journaling block with red flowers. In the top right corner of this layout I used a pack of Jolee stickers which consist of a red bikini and red/white stripped terry cloth towel.

There are some olive green rub-ons on the layout (small ones) that aren't showing up on my photo and they are just little swirls which I added to give more interest to the background. Between the 2 square/circle photos I made my own bubble embellishment. I took a round cardstock sticker that says SPLASH on it and inked around the edges. I then framed that with lime green cardstock and inked around the edges again. On top of the circle I placed one of those clear bubble pebbles and then stuck it onto my layout on the right side of those photos. I then used some olive green rub-on words that say "By The Sea, By The Sea, Beautiful Sea" in an arc fashion around the right side of that bubble embellishment.

There is a matching page to this layout which I will share with you all next week where my title block, bigger journaling block and 3 more photos are featured.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)