Friday, June 15, 2012

Scrapbooking | New York City Road Trip Scrapbook Layout

Back in January of 2012 I was sent up to New York City by the great folks over at Pretzel Crisps as their New York City Brand Ambassador. For this trip I was allowed to take my hubby along with me and we had a great time. I have a lot of photos to scrapbook of our New York City trip so additional posts will be published over the next couple of weeks featuring several of the scrapbook layouts I made of our New York City trip. This is the first page in the scrapbook and you can CLICK ON THE PHOTO above to enlarge it to see the details!!!

The layout was done in the 12x12 format and features 2 photos that were taken in front of my house. The company had a driver and car come to pick us up so the top photo is of our driver Andy and the bottom photo is of me getting ready to get into the car. I cropped the top photo down to 3 1/2" by 5 1/2" in size and used a muted green sticker frame around it and then matted it onto black cardstock, trimmed it so that only an 1/8" remained around the frame. I cropped the photo of me to measure 2 3/4" by 3 3/4" in size and used a beige sticker frame around it. Again, matted it onto black cardstock, trimmed it and left an 1/8" black border around it.

My background is a sheet of 12x12 scrapbooking paper done in a medium shade of beige. I then trimmed down a printed sheet of scrapbooking paper to measure 8" by 8" square. I glued it onto my layout with it being just an inch up from my bottom edge and 3" from the top edge. I then glued a border strip along the bottom of the layout that measures 1" by 12" and it has a print of blank postcards on it. I decided to do some journaling on each postcard in my own handwriting with a fine point dark brown marker. I then placed my 2 framed & matted photos onto the layout as shown in the photo above.

I had some old world traveler cardstock stickers which I framed up with black cardstock, trimmed and left an 1/8" border around them. You can see one in the top left corner of the layout and one in the bottom right corner of the layout. There was a matching journaling tag which I framed up with the black cardstock too and I placed that in between the photo of myself and the Road Trip cardstock sticker on the bottom. I then did a little more journaling on that tag.

To finish up the layout I had two 3-dimensional travel theme'd embellishments that I used. One has a little metal pocket watch face on it and some travel related wording and I placed that under the photo of myself. I selected that as the metal pocket watch reminds me of TIME square (get it, TIME and Time Square LOL). The second one says WORLD TRAVELER and I placed that 3-dimensional embellishment above the photo of our driver Andy because on our 2 1/2 hour car ride he was telling hubby and I about all of the wonderful places he has traveled to. I also rubbed on 3 phrases using a pack of travel theme'd rub-ons. I put the ROAD TRIP one under the top left embellishment, the SUBURBAN SAFARI under the photo of Andy the driver and finally, the ARE WE THERE YET? is in the bottom right corner.

I really like how clean this layout looks but yet...it does have quite a bit of embellishments on it. I also like the neutral tones of beige, brown, black and a little bit of brick red mixed together. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)