Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Home Remodeling Continues

Two years ago my husband and I decided to purchase a 65 year old lovely home out in the suburbs. The only problem with this home is that the previous elderly owners never upgraded it nor modernized it the 65 years that they owned it.

About 3 months ago we started the process of gutting it and remodeling it. We are taking it one room at a time and hopefully we can be done with it by September so that we can move into it.

Right now we are working on the kitchen which is a really big undertaking. It's a country style kitchen with a lot of dark woodwork. We are ripping everything out of the kitchen and replacing everything from the appliances to the woodwork.

One thing we are currently looking for is some easy installation LED lights. We would like to use them to light up the kitchen cabinets that my husbands is going to install. They have clear glass fronts and I will be putting some of my very nice china inside them, so I would love some LED cabinet lighting.

A friend of my husband's was telling him that there are do it yourself LED lights out there in the retail marketplace and hopefully we can pick up a few of those for our remodeling projects.

The kitchen has really poor lighting and only has one medium sized window. I am thinking about getting some of those hanging pendant lighting fixtures and hanging them in 4 different areas of the kitchen to enhance the lighting. I saw a similar look in one of my home decorating magazines and I think it would look very nice in our kitchen once we are done.

After the kitchen has been completed we are going to move on to our family room which is a combination family room/adult game room. We don't have small children living in our home so hubby is going to add a bar area to one area of the room. Once he gets the bar in we will need to purchase some LED bar lights as the lighting in that room is pretty poor too.

At this point in time, we still have 5 more rooms to remodel before we can move into the house. In a few weeks I will make another blog post and show you some before and after photos of what we have completed so far.

Have any of you used LED lighting in your homes? If so, do you have any tips, ideas or suggestions for us? Please feel free to leave me some comments below in my blog's comment form. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)