Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Scrapbooking :: I'm Just A Toddler Girl's Scrapbook Layout Idea

Last week I have some time to spend scrapbooking and one of the layouts I wanted to tackle was this one particular photo of my 2 1/2 year old grand-daughter which shows how messy of an eater she is! She is now finally using utensils for but over a year, she would ONLY feed herself using her hands. I was able to get a snapshot of this a few months ago and finally...scrapbooked a page about it. (you can click on the photo in this post and it will enlarge it for you).

This layout is pretty simple and a basic scrapbooking layout. I used a solid yellow sheet of cardstock for my background and then made my own left-side border strip using a print and solid scrapbooking papers. I had only one photo which was 4x6" in size and used a ready-made frame around it. I then matted that onto black cardstock and trimmed it so that only an 1/8" of border remained. That photo is my focal point of the layout and shows her messy hands while sitting in the highchair eating.

The title of the layout is "I'm Just A Toddler" and I used a chipboard 3-D embellishment for that under the left bottom of the photo. I used a piece of vellum that says "Who Needs A Fork?" as an additional semi-title and matted that onto yellow, light blue and black cardstock to frame it out. I then placed a sticker of a jar full of spoons (no forks) to the left of that title block.

My journaling block is one I made myself and I journaled in my own handwriting on it. I did frame it up with some black cardstock (1/8" border) so that it went along with my other page items. To finish off the layout I used some stickers of kitchen items and various cookies (her favorite's of course) and sprinkled them down the right side of the photo of her and across the bottom of the page.

I am pretty pleased with the layout as I don't often work in yellow or black. I like clean and uncluttered layouts and I think I accomplished that with this 12x12 scrapbook layout. Plain to most scrapbookers but it is the look I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)