Sunday, June 10, 2012

Scrapbooking | Fall Fun Toddler Girl Scrapbook Layout Idea

I know it's the beginning of Summer but I am just now finding the time to do some of my scrapbook layouts from Fall 2011. Today's layout was done in the 12x12 format and features 2 photos of my grand-wee-one playing outdoors in the fall leaves. (NOTE: You can click on the photo above to enlarge it to see the details).

For my background I used 3 sheets of scrapbooking paper. The first layer is a plaid print in fall colors. I then cut a border strip from a coordinating sheet that has leaves and pine cones on it and ran it down the left side of my page. It measures 3" by 12" in length. I then ripped the corner off a piece of beige colored scrapbooking paper that had a light pine cone print. I did ink around all edges of all 3 pieces of paper as I wanted it to blend and look a little aged.

I had 2 photos, one which I cropped down into a square shape and one I left at it's original 4x6" size. I made my own frames from medium olive green scrapbooking paper to frame them under. You can see the photo for placement onto the page. I made my own journaling tag by tracing around a real leaf and cutting it out. I inked around the edges of the leave with brown ink and then used brown chalk all over the inside of the leaf to add texture and to mute down the green color. I did the journaling in my own handwriting with a brown marker.

My grand-wee-one loves feeding nuts to the squirrels so I found a sticker of a squirrel and placed that in the bottom right corner of the page. I used my Cricut to cut out letters to spell FALL FUN (from green and brown cardstock, layered together) and placed them onto the page with a glue pen. The top edge looked a little bare to me so I ended up cutting a strip from the beige pine cone paper and gluing it across the top. I then did a little more journaling on that strip. Enjoy!