Monday, June 25, 2012

Scrapbooking | Broadway Show in New York City Scrapbook Layout

Back in January of 2012, my husband and I took a mini vacation up to New York City. We stayed 2 nights and 3 days in the city and enjoyed several activities. One of the things we got to enjoy was a Broadway Show called "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" starring Darren Criss. (NOTE: You can click on the photo above to enlarge it).

I made this layout in the 12x12" format and wanted to stick with a yellow and black color scheme so that the Playbill Program fit nicely into the layout. My background is a sheet of 12x12 yellow print scrapbooking paper. (it has tone-on-tone yellow swirls). I removed just the cover from the PLAYBILL and matted that onto solid black cardstock and trimmed it to leave a 3/16" border. I placed it onto the layout using several glue dots to hold it into place. Underneath the PLAYBILL is our 2 ticket stubs which I offset/tilted onto the layout.

I had 2 photos...one of the E AL HIRSCHFELD THEATRE sign and one that my hubby took of the play going on inside the building. I cropped the bottom photo down to measure 3x4" in size and then matted it onto yellow and black cardstock leaving an 1/8" edge on the yellow mat and 3/16" edge on the black mat. (bottom left on the layout). I then slightly cropped down the other photo to measure 3 3/4" by 5 3/4" in size. Matted it onto yellow and black cardstock to match the other photo.

Above the top photo I used sticker letters to spell out "THE SHOW". Between the 2 photos I placed a 3-dimensional embellishment sticker that I had depicting Broadway and a Show. I am glad it was pinkish in color as it balanced out the pink from the ticket stubs nicely.

Other than that, I choose to leave the layout pretty plain as I wanted the PLAYBILL to be the main focus on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)