Monday, April 30, 2012

Scrapbooking | Paradise Bliss Beach Scrapbook Layout Idea

I finally had some time to do some scrapbooking last weekend and decided to work on some beach theme'd layouts from photos I took last year of our grand-wee-one when we are on vacation down at the Jersey Shore. (note: You can click on the photos in this post to enlarge them to see them in greater detail).

I did this scrapbook layout in the 12x12 format size. My background is a sheet of 12x12 printed scrapbooking paper in a tone-on-tone orange block pattern. I went with orange since Grand-wee-one's bathing suit was in white, orange and hot pink, so that is my color scheme for this layout. I then took a white, hot pink and orange plaid piece of scrapbooking paper and trimmed it to meaure 8" by 12" in size and glued it down the middle of my background paper. I took a piece of solid hot pink scrapbooking paper and trimmed 2 strips down to each measure 1/4" by 12" in size and glued one of those along each long edge of the plaid piece of paper to trim it off.

I had 3 photos I wanted to use in this layout, so I cropped 2 of them down into more of a square shaped and then matted them onto orange and hot pink cardstock, trimming them to have a 3/16" border on around each frame mat. For the third photo, I just trimmed around my grand-wee-ones head and upper body (there was a slew of clutter around the photo which I didn't want on the layout). You can see my photo for placement of all 3 photos that I used.

I used 2 packs of self-adhesive beach theme'd embellishments on this layout. I don't remember if they were Jolee's or from Soft Spoken but it was one of the two LOL! I made a beach scene in the bottom right corner with the one pack.

I made my own journaling block out of white, hot pink and plaid scrapbooking paper that I had left over from my background and frame mats. I chalked around the edges of my journaling block with hot pink chalk. I used 2 green rivets in the top corners of my journaling block and I chose green because I needed a little color in that corner of the layout. I then took a chipboard 3-D embellishment (flower) and stuck it onto the top of the journaling block and then did my journaling in my own handwriting.

Overall, the layout took me about 40 minutes to make and I am pleased with how it turned out. I normally don't mix hot pink, white and orange together but I think it looks very beachy & summery. yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)