Friday, March 30, 2012

Scrapbooking | Jersey Shore Boardwalk Scrapbook Layout

Today I am sharing a quick and easy layout with all of you that I made a couple of weeks ago. The photos are from a trip last fall that we took down to the Jersey Shore. The layout is done in the 12x12 format and takes less than 40 minutes to assemble and less than a $1.50 to make.

I decided to do the red, white and blue color scheme since the theme down at the shore that weeked was U.S.A. My background is a solid piece of red textured 12x12 cardstock. I then took a sheet of 8" by 11" solid navy blue cardstock and glued it to the left side of my layout to serve as my photo mat. I cropped down 3 photos of my family goofing off up on the boardwalk at night and placed them onto the page. (photos are from an arcade). I took 3 arcade ticket stubs and slid them under each photo on the right and left them sticking out slightly to add accent.

I had some silver metallic ribbon that was an 1/8" wide and cut two strands that measured 1/8" by 11" in length and ran them down the long edges of the navy blue cardstock using a glue pen. All four corners of each photo and the four corners of the page were accented with navy blue photo corners. I had 3 fabric sticker embellishments that I used to the right of each photo.

I used my Cricut to cut out my Boardwalk letters on the #2 size setting. I used the shadow effect for the navy blue letters and the regular setting for the silver letters. I then ran them thru my Xyron and layered them together to spell out the title of my page which is simply "Boardwalk". I did a little journaling in my own handwriting along the bottom edge of the layout.