Monday, March 19, 2012

Scrapbooking | The Jersey Shore Beach Scrapbook Layout Idea

I finally had some time to do some scrapbooking last week and today I am going to feature one of the layouts I made in the 12x12 format size. The 3 photos featured in the layout are from a mini-vacation we took down to the Jersey Shore back in October 2010. We spent 3 days and 2 nights at the Montego Bay Resort and had a great time since it was also an extended-family vacation too. It was great to have my mother, cousins, daughter & granddaughter there too!

My background is something I pieced together. I started out with a solid sheet of light blue cardstock and then ripped a sheet of "sand" colored cardstock to be my bottom border. I then ripped some medium blue vellum and lined the edge of my "sand" colored cardstock with that and glued the pieced (sand & water) to the bottom of my blue background page. I had a scrap of scrapbooking paper that had beach & vacation words printed on it and I tore the corner off of that and glued it onto the background paper in the top left corner. I chalked my torn edges but you can certainly leave them plain.

I had 3 photos that I wanted to use so I cropped them and matted them onto tan and blue cardstock and trimmed around the edges leaving an 1/8" border around each mat. I glued them onto the layout as shown in the photo.My title block is a 3-dimensional title block from Jolees that says THE SHORE and that is placed at the bottom of the layout. I then took a sticker that says VACATION and placed it onto light sand, medium tan and medium blue cardstock to frame it up. I used foam adhesive dots to place it onto the page above the photo on the right. I decided to not use a journaling block so I did a little journaling under each photo in my own handwriting.

The layout cost me about $5.00 with most of that being in the Jolees title block and the rest was mostly in cardstock. The layout took me about 45 minutes to create. Enjoy!

No comments: