Thursday, March 22, 2012

Decorating our home for St. Patrick's Day

Guest post written by Madison Burnett

My husband and I are both of Irish descent, so St. Patrick's Day is arguably a bigger deal for us than it is for other people. We don't just throw a party at our home for our friends to celebrate. We also decorate around our house for it. But up until now it's been just the inside. I wanted to put up a little bit of something outside to show off our Irish pride to people driving by our house.

I thought that the best bet for this would be to look online and see if there's an easy little DIY yard or door decoration that I could make in a short amount of time. I was looking through some St. Patty's wreaths when I saw a site about debt consolidation and spent some time looking through it. I told my husband about it and we decided to use it to help take care of some of our debt.

I found a tutorial on how to do this adorable St. Patrick's Day wreath and it was pretty easy and simple to do. Also, it will help people track down which house will be hosting the St. Patrick's Day party!