Monday, February 6, 2012

Scrapbooking | Paws and Claws Zoo Scrapbook Layout Idea

Today I am featuring one of my favorite quick and easy Zoo theme'd scrapbook layouts done in the 12x12 format size. One of the things I like about this layout is that I was able to get 5 photos onto it (6 if you replace the lion embellishment with a small photo) and even with 5 photos it doesn't look cluttery!

My background is a sheet of solid olive green cardstock. I then took a piece of alligator print scrapbooking paper and cut two strips each one measuring 1" by 12" in size. Those strips became the top and bottom borders on my layout. I then took lime green & olive green grossgrain ribbon and placed that along one edge of each border strip to add some dimension to the borders using glue dots.

The title of my page is "Paws & Claws" and I cut the letters out using my Cricut machine on the 1 1/4 size setting. I cut each letter from light green cardstock and then did the shadow effect and cut them again from dark olive green cardstock. I layered them together by running them thru my Xyron sticker maker and placed them across the top of my page.

The two larger photos were slightly cropped down and then matted onto light green, chocolate brown and medium olive green cardstock (leaving an 1/8" border). The three smaller photos of various zoo animals measure 2" by 2" square. I framed them with light green and chocolate brown cardstock. (see photo for placement of all pictures).

I then embellished the page with a 3-D embellishment of a lion and a sign tag that says "The Animal Kingdom" from a 3-D embellishment sticker pack. I then added small paw print stickers (under the left bottom photo) and 2 word stickers "Wild" and "Animals" under the photo of the tropical macaw bird.

I am very pleased with how this layout turned out as I am not a huge fan of cluttery layouts so getting 5 photos onto one layout and still have it look nice & clean was a challenge for me but I do like this layout a lot! It's a great way to use a lot of different animal photos on one layout page.

No comments: