Saturday, February 25, 2012

Scrapbooking | Hubby's 50th Birthday Party Frugal Scrapbook Layout Idea

A few weeks ago I made a very simple and frugal scrapbooking layout featuring 2 photos I took of some of the guests at my hubby's 50th Birthday party back in October of 2011. I wanted to make a scrapbook page that cost me less than $1.50 to make and I accomplished that with ease by using mainly scraps that I had leftover from other projects.

This layout is in the 12x12 format and was done on a solid black piece of cardstock. I used 1/2 a sheet of printed paper (martini glasses print) and then some cardstock borders from red cardstock that I got out of my scrap box. I mounted each photo onto black cardstock (left 1/8" border) and then onto red cardstock (left 3/16" border) and then put them onto the page with glue dots.

I had some scraps of olive green cardstock so I used my Cricut to cut out the letters to spell "THE GUESTS" and used my glue pen to put them onto the page as my title. I had 2 birthday themed glitter stickers leftover from another layout so I layered them onto black & red cardstock and trimmed around them leaving an 1/8" border. I used adhesive foam dots to put them onto my page so that they were 3-dimensional and added texture to the layout. I did some journaling in my own handwriting under each photo and more journaling on the bottom red cardstock border.

This was a great way to start using up some of those scraps that are accumulating in my scrapbox and I stayed under my $1.50 limit by using those scraps!