Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Scrapbooking | Family Fun Time at the Zoo Scrapbook Layout

Today I am featuring for you a 12x12 scrapbook layout that I made a few weeks ago. The photos are from a recent trip that we took to the Cape May Count Zoo in New Jersey. This scrapbooking layout took me around 45 minutes to make and cost me around $3.50.

My background is a sheet of 12x12 paper that has a "tree bark" texture to it. I then made 2 border strips that each measure 3/4" by 12" in size. (mint green dots on brown paper print). I glued one strip at the top and one at the bottom of my layout. I then cut 2 more strips from solid mint green paper and each strip measures 1/4" by 12" and glued one along one edge of the previous strips. (to form top and bottom borders).

My title block is a piece of vellum that says "This Place Is A Zoo" which I framed out onto matching brown polka dot paper and solid brown cardstock. I accented the top right corner of my title block with a 3-dimensional butterfly. It is on the top right of the layout design. I slightly cropped down my bottom right photo and framed it out onto brown polka dot paper and brown cardstock. I accented the right top corner of that photo with a 3-dimensional embellishment button that says "Wild Thing" and the bottom right corner of the photo is accented with a 3-dimensional sticker of a green lizard.

I cropped down my 2 remaining photos into square shapes and matted them onto the polka dot paper and then framed them up with the brown cardstock so that I actually had a solid strip and glued that on the left side of my layout. To the left of the photos is a 3-dimensional flower. Underneath those photos are three 3-dimensional words that say "Lions", "Tigers" and "Bears". Right underneath the word "Tigers" I placed a clear adhesive backed sticker that is simply a "swirl".

In a few days I will post about the companion page that matches this one which has an additional 2 photos and my fancy dancy journaling block. I love how I off-centered my photos on this layout with the one on the right being down towards the bottom and the two on the left are placed upwards onto the page.

No comments: