Sunday, February 12, 2012

Scrapbooking | Bubble Trouble Scrapbook Layout Idea

A few months ago we took a vacation down to the Jersey Shore and had a fabulous time! One evening the "girls" decided to hop into the jacuzzi so I poured in some bubble bath and over-flowed the jacuzzi with bubbles...hence the title of this page "Bubble Trouble". We had to have the guys come rescue us by removing some of the bubbles from the tub! Since I was wearing a black & white swimming suit and my daughter was wearing a black and hot pink swimming suit...I decided that those 3 colors would be the color scheme for the layout.

I used 3 photos and matted them onto hot pink and black cardstock. My background is a piece of black cardstock and I accented the background with circles that I cut from textured bubbled hot pink scrapbooking paper. I love that bubbled texture and just glued my circles, half-circles and quarter-circles onto the background paper. See photo above for picture placements. I used my Cricut to make the letters for my title of the page "Bubble Trouble" which I cut from hot pink and black cardstock and layered them together using my Xyron sticker maker. I then accented a couple of the letters with 1/2 pearls to give the appearance of small bubbles on my title.
My journaling block I made myself and it is above the top right photo and then I have another block to the left of the bottom left photo that says "Rubbadub". The skinny bottom left photo was accented with 5 tiny hot pink half-gems to just add a little pizzaz to it.

Overall...I love the layout. It is busy but not overly-busy as I am not a huge fan of cluttered layouts. I really love that textured bubble hot pink scrapbooking paper and will need to get more of that for future layout ideas I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)