Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Beach Theme - Framed Scrapbooking Shadow Box Layout Idea

Beach Theme - Framed Scrapbooking Shadow Box Layout Idea Back in October of 2011 I took my 2 cousins down to the Wildwood, New Jersey beach with us and I wanted to make a little keepsake for them of our trip down to the beach. I decided to make a scrapbooking layout (using 3 photos of them) and I framed in a wooden shadow box that is specially made for framing scrapbook layouts.

I slightly cropped down my 3 photos of them and matted them onto chocolate brown cardstock leaving a 3/16" border around the edges. I used a package of "beach" theme'd 3-d embellishment's from Jolees as my accent pieces on the layout. I had 2 large starfish stickers that I used in the bottom left corner to add some additional accent to the layout. I had some light metallic blue square shaped brads and placed one on one corner of each photo and left the other 3 corners of each photo blank.

I used a coupon from my JoAnn's flyer and got the wooden shadow box frame for 1/2 price...I think it was around $14.00 or so and simply slid my 3-dimensional layout inside it. On the backside I did my journaling which I typed up on the computer and printed it out and then used clear adhesive shipping tape to apply it to the backside of the wooden frame.

I think my cousins Brent and Jade will really like it and I can't wait to give it to them next week when I see them!