Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Scrapbooking | Shell Collecting at the Sea Shore Scrapbook Layout Idea

Today's featured layout was done in the 12x12 scrapbooking format and is a really easy layout to do. This layout features Dazzles (peel & stick embellishments) that I purchased from PaperWishes.com. The 2 photos are of myself & hubby down at the Jersey Shore on vacation back in September while we were on the beach collecting shells.

I had 2 verticle photos which I slightly cropped down and matted them onto chocolate brown cardstock, leaving 3/16" border around the edge. The background is a piece of 12x12 scrapbooking paper from a vacation pack done in a sandy beach color. In the top right corner you will see stamped in black ink a blank POSTAGE STAMP box. I then used four tiled numbers to mark the year of 2011 and these tile numbers are in the form of postage stamps. I just simply glued them onto my page (top right).

I purchased a package of beach theme'd Dazzles from PaperWishes.com and I used the SeaShore Dazzle under the left photo. I then took 2 large sea shell Dazzles and mounted them onto aqua colored vellum and trimmed around the outer edge. I used glue dots to adhere them to my page. I did the same thing for the smaller sea shell and the bubbles that surround them. I used a little chalk to add a rosy color to some of the bubbles.
I used the Palm Tree from the Dazzles pack on the left side of my page. I cut it apart so that I could mount the trunk onto light brown colored vellum and the leaves onto light green vellum and then trimmed around the outer edges. I then pieced them back together and placed them under the right photo using glue dots. I love how easy the Dazzles are to use and I personally like placing colored vellum underneath them instead of scrapbooking paper.

This is a very easy layout but it did take me an hour to make because of all of the trimming of the Dazzles.

No comments: