Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Scrapbooking | Playtime With Grandpa Scrapbooking Layout

Well...My hubby has finally made his first scrapbooking layout! yeah!!! He told me he actually enjoyed it and would scrapbook with me again! Since this was his first time I decided to show him a really simple layout which is great for beginners but I wanted to teach him a few scrapbooking techniques with it (easy ones) so I think this page accomplished that. He didn't want a "girly" page so he wanted something masculine with just a "hint" of girl.

Hubby had a play date with the wee one and they had made me some new refrigerator art. (coloring). So I showed him how to crop down their refrigerator art along with how to crop and mat his photo. He matted the artwork onto black cardstock and he matted the photo onto black cardstock and medium pink cardstock. (he picked pink since wee one had a pink outfit on).
He then used one of my templates and made himself a library pocket and library card and I showed him how to ink the edges which he did in black. He did his own journaling on the card and stuck it inside the pocket. He used a Soft Spoken (tm) tag that simply says GRANDPA on it and placed that onto his page and he used my Cricut (tm) to make a black flower with a mini yellow flower and glued them together and placed them onto his page.

Now this page did take him an hour but that was because he was learning (his first attempt at scrapbooking) but I think anyone else could probably do this in less than 30 minutes. It's a nice clean uncluttered page and I think he did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)