Saturday, August 20, 2011

Scrapbooking Layout Idea | Using Rub-on Transfers In Scrapbooking Layouts

A few months ago we took our little grand daughter out to eat at our local chili's restaurant. Our little Gia loves to go out to eat and at times...she gets really silly! During this particular outing she finally learned to say "cheese" because we kept saying to her "Say Cheese Gia" and she finally said it and wouldn't stop saying it LOL She then was busy making funny faces and trying to get us to laugh. Oh yeah...she had her favorite meal too...Macaroni & Cheese! (more cheese).

For this particular layout I wanted to use up some sage green rub-on transfers that I purchased at my local scrapbooking store for only .50 cents (yes, a deal). I did this scrapbooking page in the 12 x 12 format and my color scheme was sage green and peach. My background is a tone on tone piece of peach scrapbooking paper with a floral and vine pattern. It's hard to see in this photo. I had the coordinating sheet of paper in sage green with the same pattern so I cut it into a semi-circle and glued it at the bottom of my page after I chalked the edges in sage green. I then went around the peach paper and chalked those edges too.
My rub-on transfers are vines and flowers in sage green and I rubbed them on across the top of the layout. I had 2 photos that I cropped, rounded their corners and mounted onto sage green cardstock leaving an 1/8" border and mounted those onto the bottom. (see photo for placement). I used my Cricut on the 1 1/2 size setting and cut the letters SAY CHEESE GIA from dark sage green cardstock and used my glue pen to glue the letters onto the page around the edge of the semi-circle. I made my own journaling block out of matching sage green floral paper and dark sage green cardstock and journaled onto the block & then mounted it onto the page under the left photo. I had a few more rub-on flowers and butterflies left so I just randomly rubbed them onto the layout where-ever I wanted them.

This layout took me about an hour to make but over all I am really pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)