Sunday, June 12, 2011

Scrapbooking | Sugar & Spice Little Girl's Scrapbook Layout Idea

We try to have little "play dates" with our 2 year old grand daughter 2-3 times every week so a few weeks ago I took a few photos of the "wee one" playing with her Pappy. This scrapbook layout is done in the 12x12 format and I titled the page "Sugar & Spice".

My background paper is an all over large polka dot pattern in muted shades of pink, fushia, green and purple. I am not a fan of mini dots but I do like the larger polka dots on this paper. I made my own title block for the top of the layout which I printed out from my computer. In white letters it says "Sugar & Spice" and I printed it onto bubblegum pink scrapbooking paper. I then cropped it down, matted it onto medium green paper and then onto medium pink paper leaving an 1/8" border around each mat. (it's double matted). I then used glue dots and attached it to the top of the page. I had a chip board flower in the same colors of my page that I then mounted to the left of my title block using a glue dot.

I had 3 photos that I wanted to use and I cropped them down. Each photo measures a different size so I wasn't sure how this layout would turn out. I over-lapped the two photos on the right to make one big photo and they are mounted onto medium pink scrapbook paper and I left a 1/4" border around them. Under those two photos is a chip board word that says "Sweetheart".

The photo on the left (one of my favorite photos of her) I mounted onto the medium pink paper leaving a 1/4" border. I used a pink file folder tab and wrote her name on it and stuck that along the left edge of that photo. I had three 3-D embellishments in a flower pattern that has ribbon tabs that I mounted underneath that photo. I had a cardstock pre-printed block that says "PRETTY" on it that I mounted onto medium green and medium pink papers and cropped it down and attached that under the 3-D embellishments.

(not shown) I made a light pink paper pocket which I glued to the back of this page (yes folks you can do your journaling on the back of your layouts). I then did my journal on a piece of light purple paper and stuck it in the pocket.

Overall...I think it's a pretty cute layout that was really easy to make. I think I spent about 40 minutes making it and I used odds & ends that I had left-over from other layouts which is a great way to use up your miscellaneous supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)