Sunday, June 12, 2011

Scrapbooking | Little Girls Princess Scrapbook Layout in Black & Silver

Our little grand daughter absolutely loves to play "dress-up" especially when she gets a new gorgeous dress like the silver sequined one shown in the photos. She calls these type of dresses her "Princess" dresses! A few weeks ago she was visiting me for a play date and we played dress-up and I took these 3 photos of her that day. I did this layout in the 12" by 12" scrapbooking format.

My background is a piece of 12x12 scrapbooking paper in block with silver metallic swirls printed all over it. I had a piece of silver metallic textured cardstock that I trimmed down to 3" by 12" in length and glued that down the left side of my page. I then had a piece of shiny silver metallic ribbon that measures 1" wide by 12" long that I glued down between the silver cardstock column and the background paper. I had silver textured ribbon that measures 1/8" by 12" that I glued down along each side of the 1" wide ribbon to add even more interest.

The title of my page is PRINCESS so I cut those letters out with my Cricut machine using the textured metallic silver cardstock on the #1 size setting. I then used the shadow effect and cut those same letters out again but using black cardstock. I then applied adhesive and stacked the letters together and then used a glue pen to glue then onto my page (left column).

I had 3 photos that I cropped down and rounded their corners. I matted them onto silver metallic cardstock and onto black cardstock (double matted), leaving an 1/8" border around each mat. You can see the photo to see where I placed them on my layout. I had 3 white hearts which I inked the edges of each heart with silver metallic ink and wrote Pretty, Model and Gia (one word onto each heart) and applied a foam adhesive dot to the back and then attached them to my page.

I finished up the layout by making a small journaling block that measures 1/2" by 4" cut out of silver metallic cardstock and then matted that onto solid black cardstock. On that I just wrote "Playing Dress Up With Nanny".

I love the black and shiny silver together in this layout...especially because it fits with the color scheme of her gown which is silver with silver sequins. ~ Happy Scrapbooking ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)