Friday, April 15, 2011

Play Food ~ How To Make Canned Sliced Carrots & Canned Green Beans ~ Felt Food

If you have been following my craft blog for awhile now...you will have noticed that I design and post a lot of felt food patterns here on my blog. For almost 2 years now, I have been making a lot of playfood for my little grand daughters kitchen play set! If you love making felt food, I think you will appreciate this craft project as it's really simple to make.

I took 2 large clear plastic medicine bottles (not with child proof lids) and washed them out to use as 'store cans' for my grand daughters canned foods. I then cut down some scrapbooking paper and used a glue pen to glue the paper around the sides of each plastic can. I used my Cricut machine to cut out 2 ovals on the number 2 setting. I used my chalks and chalked around the oval's edge and then glued those onto the front of my cans. I simply used scrapbooking markers to write the name of the food items onto the label. You can get fancy if you want and write nutrition info on the back so that they resemble more like a can of food, that is entirely up to you.

You can find my free patterns for the felt sliced carrot rounds and the felt green beans here on my blog. I plan on doing a few more 'canned' food items for her playset next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)