Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cardmaking: Quick & Easy Mother's Day Card Ideas

I love making handmade cards for Mother's Day because I can make them all pretty with girly embellishments, ribbons and flowers! This past Mother's Day I made two quick and easy cards for my mother and mother-in-law and each card took me less than 30 minutes to make. I won't go into lengthy details on how I made them but will give you a brief overview. Please refer to the pictures for more details.

For the card above I used a premade purple striped greeting card with a scalloped edge. I then cut out a "mother" sentiment that was pre-printed onto white cardstock and matted that onto dark purple cardstock. I left a 1/4" border on my matting. I then used a couple of self-adhesive foam dots and attached it to the front of the card. Inside the card I handstamped a Mother's Quote using a rubber stamp and purple ink pad.

For the second card I covered the front and back of the card with muted seafoam green print paper using a glue stick. I then cut a MOM sentiment from white cardstock and matted that onto matching seafoam green paper and then onto solid green cardstock. I trimmed it down leaving an 1/8" border around each mat. I then attached it to the front of my card using self-adhesive foam dots. At the bottom of the card I attached a seafoam green ribbon with glue dots and then glued on a matching ribbon bow.

Like I said...they are super quick and easy and make for a great beginner's project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)