Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Scrapbooking ~ Beach Vacation 2-Page 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Idea

A few days ago I was cleaning out some boxes from one of my storage closets and came across an old box of photo's from the mid 1990's that I had forgotten about and when I found them, I knew I had to scrapbook a few of them. I found in the box these old photo's from 1995 when we took a week long trip down to Ocean City, New Jersey. We have been going to the Jersey Shore for family vacations since I was a child. I did this 2-page layout in the 12x12 format size.

Page One (Shown Above):
I decided to make my own background and decide to mix colors of ocean blue, dark sand, pale yellow and navy blue together for my color scheme. I don't use yellow often and it was time to use up some yellow paper. I took a piece of ocean blue colored scrapbook paper that has sand & yellow colored polka dots on it and use it for my main background. I then tore a piece of dark sand and light blue paper into strips and glued them together. I then added those strips to the top and bottom of my background paper. I used my scrapbooking software to make my title block and it simply says Ocean City, N.J. I cropped it down to size and matted it onto dark blue, dark sand and yellow paper leaving an 1/8" border around each matting. I attached it to the top of my layout with glue dots. For this page I had 4 photos which I cropped down and rounded their corners and mounted them onto the dark blue scrapbooking paper, rounded the corners again and left an 1/8" border and attached them to the page using glue dots. (see photo for placement). I used 3 rub-on words (Sun Lover is above the 2 photos of my daughter), (Sun and Sand is under the top left photo) and (Road Trip is under the bottom left photo). I had a journaling block that was shaped like a postcard from a journal block set that I had purchased and mounted that onto dark blue paper, cut it out and attached it to my page. I then did my journaling on that block.
Page Two (Shown Below):

For this page I wanted it to coordinate with page one but not match it exactly so I used a piece of light blue 12x12 scrapbook paper for the main background. From the polka dot paper that I used above (I had 2 sheets of it), I tore off 2 strips that measure 3" in width. I then used a glue stick and attached them to the top and bottom of my page. I took a piece of dark yellow paper and cut it down to measure 5" by 12" in length and glue it to the left side of my page. I cropped down 3 photo's of the three of us packing up our hotel room to get ready for our trip home. I didn't matt these and glued them on the yellow paper that runs down the left side of my page. Above the top photo of my daughter is a blue seashell sticker and under the last photo of us in the car going home is another blue seashell along with a word sticker that says Bon Voyage.

The right side of the paper I used word stickers that say The Journey Home Begins and underneath that is 2 purple seahorse stickers, a star fish sticker and a large sticker of a sandcastle and sand bucket. I think it came out nice and clean looking. Not a perfect match to page one but a nice coordinating page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)