Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Scrapbooking - Using Lace, Ribbons & Paper Doilies In Your Scrapbook Layouts

For this particular scrapbooking layout, I wanted to use primarily scraps or left-overs from other scrapbooking projects...so I decided to use some self-stick floral lace, sheer white ribbon, 2 paper doilies with scalloped edges, left-over paper flowers and a few other things. I decided my color scheme would be pink, purple and white since she was wearing an outfit that evening in those colors.

The diecut poem box reads as follows (incase you want to make your own & print it out): While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about. I chose this particular poem box because G is always smiling & laughing and she teaches Nanny & Pappy to lighten up & to laugh more in our lives.

For this layout I used:
1 (12x12) piece of scrapbooking paper in a lavendar, white & pink rustic background
1 (1/2" x 12") piece of floral self-stick lace ribbon (left side border)
2 (8" x 11") pieces of cardstock - pink & purple (for mounting the 2 photo's in a dbl. mount)
2 (4" round) lace edge paper doilies (the size of a coaster) mounted behind photo's with 2 1/2" of the edge sticking out the side of each mounted photograph.
2 paper flowers (1 pink & 1 purple) mounted together with a pink round brad.
Purple Alphabet Stickers (to spell out her name).
1 (1/2" by 6") piece of white sheer ribbon (for bow on top of poem box).
1 die-cut poem box about children that was mounted onto purple cardstock.
1 self-stick clear rhinestone for the center of the sheer ribbon bow.

Notes: I did slightly crop my 2 photo's, rounded their corners and also rounded the corners on the double matting...I left a 1/8" edge on the mats. Other than that, I used glue dots and 2-sided scrapbooking tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)