Saturday, August 14, 2010

Scrapbooking | Easy Baby Girl Scrapbook Layout In Neutral Tones

For the past couple of weeks I have been getting caught up on my scrapbooking and most of the pictures I have been scrapbooking are ones of my little granddaughter Lil Gia. The 2 photo's I used in this layout were from Feb. 2010 when I was fortunate enough to capture her first attempt at crawling! In the photo's she was wearing khaki colored pants with a red top & red socks so I used those colors as my inspiration for the layout.

I did this layout on a piece of tan colored weathered 12x12 scrapbooking paper. When I say weathered, it has crackles in it and meant to look like a piece of vintage paper. I took a piece of light brown paper with brown dots on it and ripped it into 2 uneven strips and glued them to my background paper. (see photo). I then cropped down my 2 photo's, rounded the corners, mounted them onto red cardstock, cropped them again so they have a 1/4" wide border and rounded the corners again. I then placed them onto my layout with glue dots.


For the title of my page "Go Gianna" (we were cheering her on that day), I used dark red colored chipboard letters and used glue dots to attach them at the top of my page. I added a 3-D embellishment onto the page that has a little saying about little girls (top right) and another one that says crawling with some foam dots to give dimension. I then had a little metal plate that has the words so sweet on it and tacked it on under the top left photo. I did my journaling on the back of the page but signed & dated the page on the front bottom.


This page took me about 40 minutes to make. I think it turned out great and really pulls out the color of her clothing!


Happy Scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)