Saturday, August 28, 2010

Scrapbooking | Citrus Bright Colors Toddler Girl Scrapbooking Layout

When it comes to scrapbooking, I usually stay away from the citrus bright colors...not sure why, but they usually just don't appeal to me. I was challenaged to come up with a 12x12 scrapbook layout using the bright colors because I had 2 photo's of little Gia and she was dressed in bright citrus colors...so I wanted to draw those colors out of the photo's with my layout design.

My 12x12 background paper is a weathered bright orange color with faint weathered markings done in pale orange (can't see it on the photo). For my side border, I decided to use a piece of hot pink grapefruit colored paper and bright lemon yellow paper. I cut each of them to 2" by 12" in size and then used a scalloped edge scissor on one long edge to add interest. I glued them together leaving 1/2" of the yellow one sticking out behind the pink one. I then stapled them on the left side of my page with hot pink staples.

I cropped down my 2 photos, rounded their corners and mounted them onto hot pink paper, rounded the corners, mounted them onto the lemon yellow paper, rounded the corners again and glued them into place. I had a 3-D embellishment that was done in bright yellow with a bright pink heart with pink bow & pink rhinestone that I put under my one photo. Above that I put sticker letters that spell out the word PLAY.

I used those same sticker letters to spell out the word FUN and under the bottom photo is a 3-D Embellished piece that says SUPER STAR.

This layout took me about 40 minutes to complete and I think it turned out fabulous. It really draws out the colors in little Gia's outfit!

Happy Scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)