Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Scrapbooking - Black and White Page Layout with Black & White Photos


Last Summer was a very special summer for my hubby and I because we finally became grandparents to a beautiful little girl. Every summer we spend a lot of time with our family's and last summer was no exception. Since we have a new grandchild, I went nuts with taking a slew of photographs and have been busy getting caught up on my scrapbooking.

While we were at the Jersey Shore, we got into one of those small photo booths on the boardwalk with our little 3 month old granddaughter and got pics! Once I sat down to scrapbook them, I wasn't sure what kind of layout I wanted to do with them. After some thought, I decided to do a simple black and white layout. Everything that is on this 12x12 page is black or white with the exception of the 3 silvertoned brads. Here is how I made my layout page.

I used a solid white 12x12 piece of cardstock for my background and used solid black cardstock to mount my photos. I decided to not cut apart my photo strips and mounted each strip onto the black cardstock and then trimmed it down until I had a 5/8" boarder around both sides and the bottom. For the top boarder on each strip, I made that a 1" boarder so that there would be room for me to punch a hole.

I used a rub-on for my title that says "What I Did This Summer" and stuck that at the top of my page. I then trimmed down black cardstock to 1/4" by 12" and mounted a piece on the top and bottom of my title.

I then mounted my 2 photo strips on the sides. For the center, I made a matching sized black cardstock block and in the center of that is a piece of white cardstock. I decided to make this my journaling block and mounted that strip in the center of my page. At the top of the 2 photo strip blocks, I attached a silvertoned metal brad. I attached another one to the journaling block but at the bottom of it. At the top of the journaling block I used black fiber and just made a bow.

On my journaling block I had a black & silver 3-d camera embellishment and tacked that on. I then did my journaling in my own handwriting and at the bottom of my journaling I rubbed on the word "Enjoy" because we totally enjoyed our summer!

As you can see...its a very simple and clean layout all down in black and white. I was stumped on how to scrap those photo booth pics but I think I solved that problem with this layout and that it turned out beautifully.



Happy Scrapbooking!
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)