Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Scrapbooking - 3 Hershey Chocolate World Scrapbooking Page Layouts

Back in 2007 my hubby and I decided to take our 2 nephews and my mother down to Hershey Chocolate World in Hershey Pennsylvania for some fun time. I didn't get a whole lot of photo's but I did have enough good ones to make three 12x12 scrapbooking page layouts.

I was fortunate enough to stop into the Hershey Scrapbooking Store before we left and pick up some Hershey & Chocolate themed items for my scrapbook layout.

Page 1:

Brown, Black & White Pennsylvania 12x12 piece of paper
I Love Chocolate die-cut for my title
dark chocolate brown cardstock
Hershey word rub-on
brown Hershey Kiss die-cut
Yum - word rub-on
2-sided scrapbooking tape and glue dots

I took a pic of my mother and my 2 nephews standing at the sign that leads into Hershey Chocolate World and the photo came out fantastic. I decided to use that photo on the page and cropped it down and mounted it onto chocolate brown cardstock with a 1/4" edge. I placed that photo in the middle of my page using 2-sided tape. Using glue dots, I tacked the I Love Chocolate Die-cut at the top for my page title. To the right side of my photo, I attached a chocolate hershey kiss die-cut that measures about 1 1/2" in size to the page and underneath it, I rubbed on the word YUM. At the bottom of my page is the preprinted word Pennsylvania and right above that I decided to rub on the word Hershey. I then dated the bottom right corner with the date.

Page 2:

1 sheet of cardstock in solid white and chocolate brown 12x12 size
1 1/2 sheets of cardstock in tan 12x12 size
1 sheet of preprinted Hershey Pennsylvania 12x12 paper
various Hershey and Hershey Kiss Stickers
1 sheet of chocolate brown letters that measure 1 1/4" tall

I did this layout on solid white 12x12 white cardstock. I ripped approximately 2 1/2" off each end of the chocolate brown cardstock and glued the big piece of the brown cardstock onto the center of my layout. I then ripped approximately 4" off each end of the tan colored cardstock and glued that on top of the brown cardstock. I ripped approximately 5" off each end of my preprinted Hershey Pennsylvania 12x12 piece of paper and centered that onto the tan cardstocked and glued it into place. My background was now completed. I used 2 photo's for this layout which I cropped down, rounded the corners and then mounted them onto tan cardstock and rounded the corners again. See photo for placement. I decided I wanted the title of my page at the bottom and used brown stickers to put the title of "I'm A Kissable Kid!" For my journaling block, I simply cut from tan cardstock a block that measures 2 1/2 by 3 1/2" in size, rounded the corners, mounted it to brown cardstock, cropped it with a 1/4" border and rounded the corners again. I tacked it to the right side of my page and did my journaling. I then finished up the layout with various Hershey Kiss themed stickers I had purchased. I dated my page in the bottom right corner.

Page 3:

1 sheet of 12x12 scrapbooking paper that was preprinted with camel and brown design
1 sheet of 12x12 brown cardstock
1 piece of dark brown gross-grain ribbon measuring 12" long
Various Hershey Candy Stickers
Brown Sticker Letters

I used a preprinted piece of 12x12 paper for this layout. I decided to use 3 photos which I cropped down, rounded the corners and mounted them onto brown cardstock and rounded the corners again. (see photo for placement of photos). If desired, you can add some ribbon to section off your layout, mine is running across the bottom 1/3 of the paper and tacked down with glue dots. In the center of my layout is my page title which is SWEET THING spelled out with brown letter stickers. I then finished up by putting on a few Hershey Candy stickers.

These layouts were inexpensive to do and very fast. Great for a beginner!

Happy Scrapbooking!

No comments: