Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Simple 5 Generations Scrapbooking Page Layout

With the birth of my baby grand daughter last year...we now have 5 living Generations in our family. I wanted to celebrate that fact by scrapbooking a quick and easy 12x12 layout with all 5 of us in the photo.

I decided to use a preprinted 12x12 piece of green scrapbooking paper that already had an imprinted left-side design consisting of purple stripes & flowers. I then used my Cricut and cut out the words "5 Generations" and attached them to the top of my layout for my title. I also used my Cricut to cut out some purple flowers and did the shadow effect on the Cricut and cut out the same flower shape on frosted vellum. I wanted 5 flowers since there was 5 of us in the photo. I then used tiny little silver brads and attached the vellum & paper flowers to my layout in random places (see photo for placement). Using a acid-free fine point marker, I wrote each of our names onto the flowers. I cropped my photo and matted it onto dark purple cardstock and put that onto my page. I finished up my dating the page in the bottom right corner.

All in all...this page cost me less than $1.00 to make and less than 30 minutes to put it together. Super fast and easy!

Happy Scrapbooking!
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)