Monday, June 7, 2010

Free and Easy - Crochet Dish Cloth Pattern


Years ago one of the very first things I learnt to crochet were homemade dishcloths (dish cloths) in a variety of easy patterns. When I crochet dish cloths, I always use Sugar and Cream cotton yarn and I prefer to use their varigated color patterns as its just...well....easier than to select solid colors. When it comes to dish cloths, you always want to use cotton yarns and not acrylics.

This pattern I came up with years ago and its super easy because it only uses 2 different stitches...the SC (single crochet) and the DC (double crochet). The approximate finished size is 7 3/4" by 7" in width.

Supplies:

Crochet Hook Size 4
Cotton Yarn (1 ball of Sugar & Cream makes 2 dish cloths)
Scissors

Using your size 4 crochet hook, chain 34 which is your foundation row.

Row 1: DC in the 4th chain from your hook, chain 1, skip next stitch, DC in next stitch, chain 1, skip next stitch and DC in next. Repeat across. Chain 1 and turn.

Row 2: SC (single crochet) in each stitch across for a total of 32 SC stitches. Chain 1 and turn.

I repeated row 2 for a total of 19 rows...you can do this row however many times you wish to obtain the size that you desire. After completing row 19, I chained 3 and turned.

Row 20: Repeat row 1 which is the double crochet, chain 1, skip next stitch and double crochet in next pattern. At the end of this row, I fastened off and weaved in my ends.

1 comment:

craftybegonia said...

Nice and simple! I'm sure that it is quick to make also.

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)