Friday, May 7, 2010

How To Crochet A Granny Square Afghan FREE Pattern!


There are numerous free patterns online on how to crochet a granny square so I won't bother typing in instructions. One of the best tutorials on how to crochet granny squares is located on the Crochet Cabana Web Site ---> HERE

Several weeks ago I decided to make an afghan using a granny square pattern that I learnt as a small child. I decided to make one that would use up a slew of my yarn scraps from my scrap basket so I used over 20 different colors in my afghan. The only yarn I had to go out and buy was the black acrylic yarn and I used Red Heart (tm) yarn for that.

You will want to make your granny square and then trim your granny square in black (the final outside row of your square). Once you have made a ton of granny squares, it will be time to assemble your afghan.

A quick way of doing it is to simply single crochet your squares together. I made my horizontal rows first and then finished up with the vertical rows. I then ended up single crocheting around the entire circumference of my afghan using a single crochet stitch and 3-4 rows to give it a nice black border.



Making a granny square afghan is a great way to use up all of your yarn scraps!

Happy Crocheting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)