Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Easy and Frugal 12x12 Beach Scrapbooking Layout Idea

When it comes to scrapbooking, you don't have to invest a lot of money or time in creating nice scrapbooking pages. For this particular layout, I was determined to use scraps and leftovers from other pages to make it. Trust me, my scraps and leftovers bin is just over-flowing anymore LOL

For this page, I decided to use just a plain 12x12 white cardstock background so that I could use up some K&Co. rub-ons that I had left over from another page.

I decided to use 3 photos from our vacation last year to the Jersey Shore. We had an extremely windy day (40mph winds) and we took pictures out on the beach to show how windy it was. I cropped down my photos and rounded their corners. I had some ocean blue paper and matted them on that and rounded the corners again.

My color scheme for this page was white, sage green and blue so I used a rope rub-on boarder and ran that down the left side of my page. I mounted my photos onto the page as show in the picture. I had a piece of vellum that said "Water, Breeze, Sand" on it in my color scheme so I mounted that piece of vellum on top of an ocean blue piece of paper, rounded the corners and mounted that at the top for my title using 2 sage color brads.

From the same K&Co (tm) rub-on pack, I rubbed on a corner swirly design (top right of the page) and some swirly brackets above and below the photo of my hubby. Digging around in my scrap box, I found a 3-d journal block/tag done in a darker ocean blue and white color that had blue wire wrapped around it. I mounted that at the bottom right of my page and did my journaling.

This page is pretty easy and clean. It is not as fancy as some of the pages I make for my scrapbooks but it was a great way to use up some leftovers and scraps.

Happy Scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)