Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Felt Food - Orange and Lime Slices - Play Food Patterns


I was off for 7 weeks taking care of some medical business so it has been some time since I have posted one of my felt food (play food) craft projects and thought today would be a good day to post one.

While I was recovering from illness, I had a lot of time to make numerous felt foodie items, so follow my blog as I will be posting A LOT of them the coming weeks.

Today I am going to share with you how I made felt orange and felt lime slices for Baby G's felt food playset that I have been making for her.

You can find additional free patterns for felt food ---> HERE

Felt Orange Slices

1 Sheet of orange felt
1 Sheet of light orange felt
1 hank of orange embroidery floss
embroidery needle
ruler
scissors
paper template

Paper Template: For my paper pattern, I drew a 4" diameter circle onto paper and cut it into half to come up with my pattern piece.

From light orange felt, trace and cut out 1 semi-circle for the backing piece. From light orange felt, cut out a rind piece that measures 1/4" wide by the circumference of your semi-circle. Also from light orange felt (from the scraps) cut out four small triangles to represent seeds.

From orange felt (the darker sheet), cut out 1 semi-circle.

Using 2 strands of orange embroidery floss, hand stitch the light colored orange rind piece to the darker orange semi-circle piece. Stitch the 4 light colored orange triangles onto the semi-circle to represent seeds. (see photo). Finally, hand stitch your front piece to the back piece using a simple whip stitch or blanket stitch.

Felt Lime Slices

1 sheet of olive green felt
1 sheet of vanilla or pale green felt
1 hank of olive green embroidery floss
embroidery needle
ruler
scissors
paper template

You will make your lime slice in the same manner as the orange slice. My only variation from the orange slice is the seeds. For my lime slice I opted to make 3 olive green tear-drop shapes for my seeds but you can use triangles if desired.

Very simple and pretty self explanatory just by viewing the photo. You can make numerous slices with just 1 felt sheet of each color.

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)