Monday, February 8, 2010

Crochet - Easy To Make Granny Square Refrigerator Note Pad Holder


I love to buy magnetic note pad holders for the front of my refrigerator as it is just too handy to jot down things I need to pick up at the store if the list is right in front of my face :) However, a lot of times, the cardboard backing that the magnet is attached to will rip off and then I have loose note pad paper falling all over my kitchen floor.

To solve that problem, I crocheted my own note pad and shopping list holder by making a traditional granny square pouch. For this project you will need to crochet 2 granny squares. I used some left-over variageted cotton yarn that I had laying around from another project. You will only need a small amount so its a great way to use up scraps.

I used a size G crochet hook.

How To Crochet A Granny Square:

With a size G crochet hook, chain 3, join with a sl st in the first chain to form a ring.

Rnd 1: Chain 3, 2 double crochet in ring, chain 3, (3 DC in ring, chain 3) 3 times, join with a sl st to top of chain 3. Sl St over to the first chain 3 space.

Rnd 2: Chain 3, (2 DC, chain 3, 3 DC) all in the same space, chain 1. (3 DC, chain 3, 3 DC) all in the next space, chain 1, repeat around and join in the top of chain 3 and then Sl St over to the next chain 3 space.

Rnd 3: Chain 3, (2 DC, chain 3, 3 DC) all in the space, chain 1, 3 DC in next chain 1 space, chain 1, (3 DC, chain 3, 3 DC) all in the next chain 3 space, chain 1, 3 DC in next chain 1 space, chain 1 and repeat around. Join with a Sl St in top of begining chain 3 and fasten off.

You will make 2 granny squares. Using your crochet hook and a single crochet, attach the 2 granny squares together by going around 3 sides (leave the 1 side open so that you can insert your paper and pen/pencil).

Once it is done, use some all-purpose glue and glue a heavy duty magnetic disc on the back side and let dry for a few hours.

This is big enough to hold a shopping list table, note pads, post-it notes and a pen or pencil.

~ Happy Crocheting ~


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this pattern! I use the magnet notepads all of the time too. Thanks for sharing this!
Tammy

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)