Wednesday, January 6, 2010

FREE Primitive Cat Sewing Pattern!

When it comes to sewing...I love to make primitive items for myself, friends and the craft shows I participate in. A few weeks ago I found this FREE online pattern to make a primitive cat over on the Pattern Mart web site ---> HERE The designer of the pattern is Shweet Potato Dolls N Patterns.

I think they would be cute to sit out as Halloween decorations too!

This pattern is a free online printable pattern that also includes a primitive owl pattern. She says the pattern is for ornies and bowl fillers...although I think the cats look great sitting in a primitive basket which is what I have done with the ones I made. (see photo above of them sitting in a primitive basket that is filled with dried pods and pinecones).

I made my cats using vintage tan tweed fabric that I purchased at the thrift store a few months ago. For his nose, I used a solid piece of brown cotton fabric and his eyes are made up of warm and natural batting and vintage black or brown buttons. I was able to sew several of these adoreable primitive cats up in just one afternoon. Since that time, I have sold about 15 of them at a local craft show last month. The finished size of the ones I have been making measure 6" wide by 4 1/2" high.

So...if you love primitve cats, head on over to the Pattern Mart web site and download the free cat and owl pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)