Sunday, January 31, 2010

Easy Scrapbooking Layout - Too Cute! New Baby Girl


Back in May 2009, I was finally blessed with my first grandchild and it was a baby girl...we refer to her online as Baby G. When it comes to scrapbooking pages that feature my darling little grandbaby...I like to use pink! Some of my pages are simple and quick and others are more time consuming and elaborate.

A few weeks ago I made this page which I titled "TOO CUTE" because on that day, we were all raving about how cute baby G looked...at the time, she was just a month old and we had taken her to visit my 84 year old great auntie.

This page took me less than 40 minutes to make...thanks to my cricut!

Paper: I used 2 sheets of 12x12 patterned paper...one has a dark pink floral boho pattern and the other is a lighter pink with a tone on tone pattern. I took the striped pink paper and tore it into thirds and glued one third onto the lower half of my boho paper to give my background more interest. I save the other pieces for another project.

I then cropped down my 4 photos and rounded their corners and mounted them onto solid bubble gum pink cardstock and then rounded the corners again. 3 of my 4 photos are vertical and 1 is horizontal so I knew it would be a little challenging to get them all onto 1 page...over all, I do like the photo positions. I then tacked them down with glue dots. Using my Cricut "George and Basic Shapes" cartridge, I cut out 3 pink flowers and then did the shadow option and cut out 3 white flowers on the 1 1/4 size setting. I then layered a pink with a white and attached them together with a mini blue brad. I used glue dots to affix them to my page. Using the same cartridge, I cut out the letters for my title which is TOO CUTE on solid bubble gum pink paper. I used the shadow option and cut them out again on solid white paper. Using a glue stick, I placed the white letters under the pink ones and then attached them all to my page. I had the left-over rub-on word "Bright Eyes" from another project and rubbed that on underneath one of the flowers and I had a 3-d glitter embellishment left-over from another project of baby pj's so I attached that near my title.

I like to see a person's handwriting on pages as I think it adds a nice personal touch so I hand wrote the name of each person under the photos and dated my page.

Simple and Quick and I think it makes for a very nice uncluttered layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)