Saturday, December 5, 2009

Free Raggedy Primitive Stitchery Kitchen Picture Pattern


I found this adorable FREE pattern online offered by the FREE PATTERN PAGE. I printed out the pattern design and then traced it onto tea-stained muslin. I wanted a little dimension to my stitchery piece so I backed my muslin with a thin piece of Warm & Natural Cotton Batting.

Before I started my hand stitching, I took some wax crayons and added a few colored accents to jazz it up a bit. I used DMC floss (2 strands) for all of my stitching. Once I completed it, I cut it down to size to fit inside my inexpensive wooden picture frame that I got on clearance last week. Ta-da....an instant primitive gift for a friend of mine who hates to cook!

The Saying Says "My favorite thing to make for dinner is reservations." How cute is that? Totally cute and you could whip up several of them to give away as gifts or to sell at various craft shows.

I was able to complete my entire project in only a few hours. No machine sewing was involved.

~ Shelly ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)