Wednesday, December 23, 2009

FREE Country Designed Muslin and Homespun Pillow Pattern


When it comes to crafting, I love looking for free patterns and instructions. A few weeks ago I stumbled across this FREE printable coloring page design for kids and thought to myself...I like that but I am going to print it out and use it as a pattern to make a primitive country stitchery pillow.

You can find the free printable pattern ---> HERE

I think the pattern is just way cute! I decided to make it into a pillow for my grand daughters bedroom...it has that little girl country charm to it!

I traced the pattern onto tea-stained cotton muslin fabric using a disappearing ink marker. I then used 2 strands of DMC embroidery floss to stitch the design. If desired, before you start your stitching, you can use some wax crayons to color in some of the areas to give it some extra color. I think it adds a nice touch.

Once I was done with my hand stitching, I added on a 3" wide homespun border to all 4 sides. Once I was done with that, I measured my entire pillow front to come up with my back panel measurements. I used matching homespun fabric and used 1/2" seam allowances. I stuffed my pillow with fiber-fill stuffing since I couldn't find a pillow form that size.

Pretty easy! It took me less than a day to make this pillow for my grand daughter.

If that design isn't your cup of tea, you can find free printable coloring pages such as gingerbread men, raggedies, doggie, school desk, angel, etc ---> HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)