Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cardmaking ~ Handcrafted Set of 2 Sisters Note Cards

When it comes to card making, you can make simple ones or fancy elaborate ones, the choice is yours. For this project, I decided simple was best and since I have sisters, I wanted to make 2 simple sisters themed note cards.

For my base: white prefolded note cards measuring 4" by 5" in size. I purchased them in a bulk pack and they came with white envelopes.

Card #1: Using your computer and fancy script font, you can print out the word "Sisters" in any color or font that you desire. Mine measures approximately 2" high by 3 3/4" wide. I printed it out onto white card stock and then chalked the edges with purple. I used foam back dots and attached it to solid purple card stock so that it would be raised and have a little 3-d dimension to it. I then used my glue stick and affixed it to the upper portion of my card with the card fold at the top (so that the card opens from the bottom). I had some scraps of light purple grosgrain ribbon and used glue dots to affix it to the bottom of my card and made a bow for the center. (see photo) You can use a stamp and ink and stamp a sentiment inside or leave it blank.

Card #2: I used a scrap piece of striped paper that measured 4" by 5" in size and glue it to my card front. I used the same font and words as in card number 1 and printed it out and mounted it onto light purple card stock. In 2 of the corners, I decided to apply lime colored eyelets to add some accent. I affixed this to my card front using foam glue dots. Right under that, I used a simple rub-on purple colored heart.

I also decided to decorate my white envelopes with hearts or flowers and purple ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)