Friday, November 13, 2009

Handcrafted Beach Embellishments For Your Scrapbooking Pages

I enjoy scrapbooking, especially because we love to travel and I like to preserve our memories in my travel scrapbooks. Being a frugal crafter, I like to hand make my beach theme'd embellishments.

This past summer, I had fun making the embellishments that you see in the photograph. Here is how I made them.

Flip Flop Sandals - I free-handed a shoe shape onto a piece of paper and then used that as my template. (They are approximately 2" in length). I then traced the shape onto a scrap piece of crafting foam. Using a contrasting color of foam, I free-handed a shape to resemble a thong strap. I then used glue dots to assemble my sandals and accented the strap with rhinestones or mini flower brads.

Paper Kite - Free hand a kit shape onto blue card stock. You will need to free hand 2 triangular shapes onto dark yellow card stock and cut them down to fit onto your blue kite, adhering them with a glue stick. I used a scrap piece of twine for my kite tail and affixed it to the back of my kite with a glue dot. I took some dark brown chalk and chalked my edges on the kit to give it depth.

Anchor - My friend left me borrow her anchor pattern (not sure where she got it) so I traced her pattern onto silver metallic scrapbooking paper. I inked the edges of my anchor with black ink using a dauber. I used a star shaped mini punch and red card stock and made a little nautical accent for my anchor. I then used a mini hole punch near the top of the anchor and inserted a scrap piece of raffia as a tie.

Beach Title Blocks - I purchased a rubber stamp at my scrapbooking store for $1.00 that says "Gone To The Beach" and stamped it using black ink on white scrapbooking paper. I trimmed it out so it measures 2" by 3" in side. I then inked the edges. I glued it onto an additional piece of scrapbooking paper or card stock and using my cutting system, cut around it so that an 1/8" of an inch shows thru and finally layered it on top of another piece of card stock. You can ink or chalk all of your edges to give it more depth. I accented the one with mini sea shell stickers and the other one with an ice cream cone.

Really simple ideas for beach theme'd scrapbooking pages. You could also use these embellishments on cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)