Monday, September 9, 2019

Pallet Wood Seashell Covered Seahorse Wall Art

Last month I made this adorable seashell covered seahorse by using pallet wood and seashells that I've collected from the beach. It stands a little over 2 foot tall and is now hanging on the wall in our sun room. It took my husband one afternoon to do the wood portion and it took me 3 days to do the seashells.

If you're interested in learning how I made it along with assembly tips you'll want to check out my post over on my other blog TwoClassyChics.com. The Coastal Craft: Seashell Covered Seahorse Wall Art has become one of my most popular posts over on the blog, so I wanted to mention it over here too.
Pallet Wood Seashell Covered Seahorse Wall Art

Living at the beach or traveling to the beach often has its perks! I used over 250+ shells to make it. You'll need to collect a lot of tiny, small and medium-sized seashells if you plan on making one. The pallet wood was FREE (hubby gets those at work, brings them home, tears them a part) and we use them in various craft and landscaping projects around our home.

I love the coastal and beach lifestyle, so I'm always making new projects that work with that home decor theme. Since completing the seahorse, I'm already working on a dolphin, whale and mermaid tail one too. They're easy to make, but do take several days to complete. My only expense was a few nails, screws, wood glue, E6000 adhesive glue, clear acrylic spray sealer and a sawtooth hanger on the back so that I could hang it up. That's about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)