Friday, July 28, 2017

Dollar Store Craft Ideas for Kids

My grandchildren love to craft! My little 8 year old granddaughter has been doing arts & craft projects since the age of three. Every month I plan a minimum of two crafting play dates with her and she just loves them! Over the past few months, my god son and grandson have joined us too!

When it comes to kid's crafts...I'm all about being frugal with it. Children don't need you to spend a lot of money on their craft supplies or projects. When I need cheap supplies, I always head to my local Dollar Store to find them! You would be surprised at what you find at the Dollar Store and here's a list of things I recently found.
Dollar Store Craft Ideas for Kids

Packages of Plastic Beads
Packages of Wooden Beads
Spools of Ribbon
Decorative Edge & Straight Edge Scissors
Self-Adhesive Foam Shapes
Glitter Glue, Craft Glue and Glue Sticks
Markers, Crayons, Glitter Ink Pens, Water Paints, etc.
Artificial Flowers and Greenery
Unpainted Wooden Ornament Shapes
Packages of Stickers and Coloring Books
Water Paint Books and Paint Brushes
Construction Paper, Sketch Pads and Poster Board
Self-Adhesive Magnet Backs
Pkgs. Plastic Buttons
Solid Color Gift Bags
and all kinds of other things!!!

I like to visit the Dollar Store often and I set myself a $10 to $15 budget. When I go in there, I look for craft supplies that can be used in various children's craft projects. I will pick up mostly items that will give us multiple uses. I keep all of these supplies store in four plastic bins (also purchased at their store) for when the kids are over and need projects to do to keep busy.
Dollar Store Craft Ideas for Kids

Some of our favorite projects to make with supplies that we get there:

Painted Holiday Ornaments
Refrigerator Magnets
Decorated Gift Bags
Handmade Greeting Cards
Refrigerator Artwork
Decopauge Glassware
Holiday Decorations
and more!

Check out their section on clear glassware for dessert plates, vases, mugs, bowls, etc. and buy tissue paper to let the kids do some decopauge projects! They can them give them as gifts! Just an idea!

The point is...crafting with kids doesn't have to be expensive! Walk into your local Dollar-type of store before hitting the retail chain craft store to buy your supplies. Stock up on various supplies, store them in a bin and get them out on rainy days or whenever you need to give the kids something to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)