Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Fall Family Fun - Scrapbooking Page Layout Idea

I'm so far behind on my scrapbooking projects and I'm desperately trying to get caught up! Last Fall we took our grandchildren to a local farm for some fun Autumn festivities. Our beautiful 6 1/2 year old granddaughter got to feed some farm animals, climb on hay bales, go through a corn maze, drive a tractor, go on a hayride and then we went pumpkin picking in their pumpkin patch. It was a lot of fun!

This scrapbooking layout is done in the classic 12x12 format size and features a fun and easy Fall layout idea.

The background is a solid sheet with a texture piece of cardstock in olive green. I slightly cropped down my 3 photographs and then matted them onto dark orange and dark olive green cardstock, leaving an 1/8" edge around each of the mats.

I cut a strip measuring 3 1/2" by 12" in size from a piece of plaid print scrapbook paper. It's in fall colors and ran that towards the bottom of the layout. Along each long-edge of that strip I ran printed self-adhesive ribbon, also in an autumn print. It just finishes off the edges of the paper strip nicely and adds some texture to the page.

I used my Cricut to cut out the acorn and leaf design you see running across the top of the page. It's a design in their design gallery and I used chocolate brown and medium orange cardstock to make it. I then used small alpha letters (stickers) to spell out the name GIA and put that on one of the acorns and spelled out the year 2015 which I placed on top of the second acorn.

The only other embellishments that I added to the page are located towards the bottom. I had a self-adhesive leaf embellishment (one of the jelly-stickers) that I placed on the right of the photo and then on the left of the bottom photo you'll see a chipboard dark red maple leaf that I layered onto dark orange and olive green cardstock squares. I used decorative edge scissors around both square's edges.

To finish up, I used the same alpha stickers that I used earlier to spell out the word "Autumn" and the word "Fall" and placed those words near the embellishments on the bottom of this Fall & Autumn Scrapbooking Page.

Note: All photos featured in this blog post are clickable. If you click on each one, it will automatically open up in a new browsing window and in an enlarged size. This will allow you to see all of the smaller details close-up. Visiting my Scrapbooking board on Pinterest to see hundreds more FREE scrapbooking layout designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)