Saturday, June 11, 2016

Scrapbooking - Newborn Baby Boy Layout Idea

Back on September 5th, 2015 I was blessed with the birth of my second grandchild, a baby boy! My daughter named our new little prince Jaxon and the name suits him well. He has the cutest little smile, gorgeous thick dark hair and pretty eyes! He's so handsome!

A few weeks ago I finally had some time to sit down and work on some newborn baby boy scrapbook pages. Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing those scrapbooking layouts here on my craft blog. You can also find previous baby girl layouts by looking in my scrapbooking category.

Newborn Baby Boy Scrapbook Layout Idea

For this particular layout I had three 4x6" photos which I slightly cropped down so that all three photos were the same size. I matted two of them onto a strip of pale blue cardstock, leaving an 1/8" edge around the photo strip and then matted them again on yellow cardstock, leaving a 3/16" edge.  I repeated this for the third photo.

I used a piece of pale blue printed scrapbooking paper as an additional photo mat and overall, it measures 11 1/2" by 9 3/4" in size. I centered that piece onto another piece of printed scrapbook paper (blue with pale lime green & yellow polka dots) which was the 12x12" background paper. See photos.

At my daughter's baby shower they had blue baby footprint confetti on the tables which I saved. I added the confetti to the page by using tiny glue dots...just scattered them around the page.

I had a bunch of baby themed embellishments leftover from other layouts and I wanted to try to use some of those up on this page. I placed a BABY BLOCK 3-dimensional cardstock sticker under the photo on the left. Beside that one is a 3-d sticker embellishment of a stork. Above that same photo I used a gel sticker that says Precious Little Baby and a 3-dimensional cardstock sticker that features baby balloons. Those balloons say "Welcome New Baby" on them.

To finish up...I found some alpha stickers in my stash that perfectly matched the colors of this layout. The alpha stickers are round with the letter inside. I matted them onto yellow cardstock squares measuring 2" square and then inked around all of their edges with seafoam green ink. I spelled out the word BOY with them and added them to the page using adhesive foam dots.

I like how this newborn baby boy scrapbook page turned out. It only took me an hour to make, I used up all left-over supplies from other pages and it's cute. It doesn't have a slew of clutter on the page. I left the three photos pretty much shine & speak for themselves.

Note: You can click on the photos in all of my posts which will open up each image in a new window and in an enlarged size. This will allow you to see the details up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)