Saturday, January 30, 2016

Outdoors in Nature Scrapbooking Page Layout Idea

Last fall we took a trip up to State College in Pennsylvania. During one afternoon we headed over to Centre Hall (10 minutes away by car) and visited Penn's Cave and Wildlife Park. If you have never visited, we highly suggest that you do! It is one of the prettiest and best caves/caverns that we have in Pennsylvania.

During our visit I took many photos of the inside of the caves and the surrounding property. I decided to pick out a few of them and whip up 3 scrapbooking pages so that we could remember this awesome place! You can find the other 2 pages that I made here on my craft blog in the scrapbooking section.

What is really cool about this nature inspired scrapbook layout page is that I didn't purchase any embellishments! Everything that you see on that page was made with my Cricut and cardstock from my scrapbox. What a great way to use up some of my paper scraps!

My bottom border is from the Cricut cartridge Paper Dolls. It's an older cartridge and yes, I use my old Cricut more than my Explore. I selected the cattail border because the cave that we toured is all done by small motorboat and is a water cave. When you come out the back side of the cave there is a small lake with tons of cattails lining the shore. I used the #5 size setting and pieced 2 of them together to get the look that I wanted.

I used that same cartridge to make the wooden hiking trail sign and simply used my silver gel pen to right the word Boats and an arrow on it. There were signs all over the place guiding you to the cave opening where you boarded the tour boat. I used a different Cricut cartridge to cut out four branches onto dark green textured cardstock. I placed 2 of them down in my cattail border and 2 of them are above the word CAVE. I then used my Cricut to cut out the 2-toned bird from cardstock.

I did the tree branches and bird because we visited this place during the middle of October and most trees had already dropped their leaves. You saw a ton of naked trees and tree branches every where, so that is why I selected those elements.

To finish things up I used some leftover cut-out letters from a camping alpha pack that I had and matted those tiled letters onto chocolate brown cardstock squares. I used them to spell out the title of my page which is Penn's Cave. Oh yeah, I added 2 small pine cone photo corners onto the images too. I almost forgot about those!

Quick, easy and frugal nature-inspired outdoor scrapbooking page layout idea! You can click on each image in this post to enlarge the photo so you can properly see the details. You can find more quick and easy scrapbooking page layout ideas right here on my blog!

1 comment:

jopb said...

You always do such a good job of finding creative uses for leftovers and the final product looks perfectly crafted. This park and cavern look like a wonderful place to visit.

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)