Saturday, December 5, 2015

Easy Lighthouse Theme Scrapbooking Layout Idea


Several months ago we took a family vacation down to the Jersey Shore. While on vacation we had the chance to visit 3 different lighthouses and had a great time playing tourist. Anyway, I wanted to document a few photos that we took at the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse & Gardens and I wanted the scrapbooking layout to be simple and quick. Here is what I came up with.

I used 3 photos which I slightly cropped down and matted onto chocolate brown cardstock in a strip style. I then matted the photo strip onto light green check-pattern scrapbooking paper. The photo strip runs down the right side of the page. To the right of the photo strip I placed a brown WAVE pattern border strip from one of my Dazzles packs. (love using Dazzles!).

To the right of the photo strip you will see additional Dazzles (lighthouse, palm tree and a small crab). I backed the lighthouse Dazzle with pale blue vellum and added a little bit or red chalking towards the top of the lighthouse. I did the same thing with the palm tree Dazzle but used brown and very pale (barely there) green. I added a little bit of brown chalking around all of the dazzles to simulate sand in the background.

I took a picture of the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse entrance sign and enlarged it and then cut around it. I then matted it onto chocolate brown cardstock to serve as the title for this page. To finish up I added 2 metal self-adhesive tags that I had in my scrap box that were leftover from another project. They are both tropical vacation themed.

That's it! A quick, easy and frugal scrapbooking page that took less than 35 minutes to complete...plus, I used whatever I had on hand from my "scrap supplies" box to complete the layout. Gotta love using up all of those miscellaneous items we seem to accumulate!

1 comment:

jopb said...

I love how you usually double mat your photos and the Dazzle patterns that you apply. The chalking makes the page more three dimensional.

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)