Friday, October 30, 2015

Beach Baby Scrapbooking Page Layout Idea

I love to sit down and scrapbook. With that said, I am a traditional "old school" scrapbooker who works with paper. I know some people enjoy digital...but I am not one of those! Nope, not at all.

Recently I sat down and did this quick and easy beach theme scrapbooking layout. The layout features photos of my little grand daughter having fun on the beach during a recent vacation. It's done in the 12" by 12" size and features 4 photos.

To start with...I layered my blue cardstock and my sandy beach printed scrapbooking paper onto a sheet of 12" by 12" white cardstock which is my base. I torn the sandy beach paper into an angle shaped with a torn white edge showing to represent the edge of the beach where it meets the foamy white portion of the water. Underneath that sheet is a piece of light blue cardstock.

I slightly cropped down all four of the photos. The three on the right are the same size and I matted them in a strip onto hot pink cardstock. The mat has a 1/16" edge. I then matted that strip onto a piece of turquoise textured cardstock and left a 3/16" edge. I used wavy edge scissors along the bottom of the strip to add interest.

The "BEACH BABY" title was made from a cardstock sticker which I matted onto the hot pink cardstock and textured turquoise cardstock...leaving a 1/16" edge around both mats. I used adhesive foam dots to attach it to the page to add dimension. It sits above the photo on the left.

The vertical photo was matted onto hot pink and turquoise cardstock but I only left a 1/16" edge around each of those matts, so it's sized slightly differently than the photo strip. I used a clear adhesive word sticker on the bottom that talks about natural beauty. The flip-flops are a pre-painted wooden cut-out from my local craft store. They measure 3 1/2" long and are made out of wood and the pieces are layered together. I got them on clearance last year when they were .50 cents each and now wish I would of gotten more because it looks really nice on the page.

To finish up I used a black Sharpie marker to write the name of the beach and the date on the wooden flipflops. Quick, easy and frugal. I love that the page isn't too cluttered with embellishments!

1 comment:

jopb said...

This layout like all your others demonstrates your creativity. I should try Scrapbooking and I know I would prefer the real to the digital versions

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)