Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Pirate Theme Scrapbooking Page Layout Idea

Back in June of 2015 my family attended the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse Festival down in North Wildwood New Jersey. This was the first time that we ever had the chance to attend it and had a great time. If you ever have the opportunity to attend, I highly recommend it.

At the festival they had great food, drinks, art and craft vendors, live entertainment, etc. The festival has free admission and it's a great family-friendly event. We saw pirates at the event and I decided to do my 12" by 12" scrapbooking page in a pirate theme. I think it turned out pretty nicely. This is a traditional scrapbooking layout...meaning that it's NOT digital.

My background is a sheet of 12" by 12" textured black cardstock. I used four photos which I slightly cropped down. The 3 horizontal photos were then matted onto a strip of white cardstock and then dark red cardstock, leaving an 1/8" edge around each photo mat. The one vertical photo was matted in the same way.

Many of the arts & crafts booths had pennant flags surrounding their booths. I decided to add that element to the left-hand side of my page. I simply cut out a big zig-zag from black scrapbooking paper and then matted that onto red cardstock, trimming so that only 1/16" of a red edge remained. I framed it in red so that the black pennant flags would stand out on the black background. I then used white alphabet sticker letters to spell out "Pirates". The vertical photo is a picture of 2 pirates that we met at the festival who were dressed up in traditional authentic-looking costumes.

My local craft store didn't have much of anything in a pirate theme in their scrapbooking section. With that said, I did find one pack of 3-dimensional cardstock stickers in a pirate theme for $1.50 and picked those up. I decided to use 5 of those on the pirate theme scrapbooking layout and you can see the photo above on where I placed them.

I did my journaling on the backside of this page. Yes, that's right...if you don't like overly cluttered pages there is NOTHING wrong with doing your journaling on the back. I simply cut a block of white cardstock measuring 3" by 5" in size and matted it onto red cardstock. I then did my journaling in my own handwriting about the festival that we attended that day. I attached the block on the back of this layout using 4 glue dots.

The coordinating page is also shown in this post. It's made just like the first page. That's it...a quick, easy and non-cluttered scrapbook layout!

NOTE: You can click on each photo in this post and it will open in a new window. That photo will automatically enlarge in that window so that you can see all of the details up close.

1 comment:

jopb said...

I like the idea of having a different theme representing what was done during a trip on each page of a scrapbook and also leaving room om the back to write one's thoughts or a Journal of the events.

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)